Friday, August 12, 2011

His Glory or Mine?

As I was reading this morning I felt like the Lord asked me a question. It was one of those questions that make you go "uh oh. this can't be good". I have learned over the course of my walk with the Lord that my heart really is desperately wicked. Even in my most righteous acts, there look like dirty rags to the Lord. Anyways, here is what I felt like He asked me:

Are you focused on being a righteous woman for your own image? For Tyson? For peoples opinions? Or are you doing it for MY glory?

It stopped me dead in my tracks. I realize that most times I'm striving to make myself look better and for people to like me more. Pretty pathetic right? And after this morning I realized I'm over living for just myself.

Lord, search my heart! I don't want to go through this life only seeking for my glory. I know its so much bigger than that. I don't want to greet you on Judgement day only to hear you say 'Depart from me I never knew you.'(matt 7:21-23) because outwardly I was doing all the right things but I hadn't been doing anything for You. Jesus I CAN"T do anything without You. Everything becomes vanity when I try to do it by myself, in my own strength. Turn my self-seeking into others-serving. Turn my self-glorifying acts into God-glorifying heart service. Nothing matters if I don't do it out of a heart to love and serve others for Your great name. Teach me to love like you love. Give me Your heart! I want to know you more Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment