Friday, June 24, 2011

Ponderings on the Ups and Downs of Life

In my walk with the Lord, and just my life in general, there seems to be a reoccurring pattern of when I think I am finally walking on solid ground, I do something incredibly clumsy and get knocked down again. Maybe God uses it to remind me to be dependent on Him. Or humbling me and reminding me I'm only human. But however he uses my silly mistakes I know through all of it that He does work all things together for my good. Even in my sin. Its crazy to think that He can use even the bad and turn it into something beautiful even though I may not see it now. He knows that whatever choice I make, He's going to cause it to glorify Himself and purify and sanctify myself somehow. I have to choose to see this even though its painful now. And even in my sin, even when I feel like the woman caught in adultery (John 8), I feel Him whisper "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you? Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more." There is freedom in the blood. There is safety and healing in the arms of a God big enough to wipe me off the earth with a single blink of His eye, but gentle enough to wipe away every tear. I love You Lord. You are the good in me. You call me your beloved. Continue to use me even though I feel useless. You alone can satisfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment